Entrepreneurship Acceleration Fund
***The 2019-20 Spring main round of application is now open. Interested students please apply online by 21 February 2020.***
***In addition to the main round of application, applications for this Fund are accepted and processed year round.***
Administered by the HKUST Entrepreneurship Center (EC), the HKUST Dream Build Funds includes the Alumni Endowment Fund Start-up Grants (AEF), Entrepreneurship Acceleration Fund (EAF), U*STAR Award and Yeung Wing Yee Entrepreneurs Fund (YWYEF), which are all aimed at supporting startup ideas, projects and business initiated and/or owned by HKUST members (students, alumni, faculty): 1.1 To support, in the form of funding/ award/ resources/ services, etc., for startups of all different entrepreneurial stages in order to facilitate their ideation, development and acceleration; 1.2 To promote and engage HKUST members in cross-disciplinary collaboration to transform innovative ideas into concrete and value-added solutions for society; and 1.3 To foster an entrepreneurial culture among the HKUST community, cultivating and enhancing HKUST members’ entrepreneurial spirit, mindset, skills and potentials for the pursuit of entrepreneurial dreams.
2. EAF Funding Amount and Scope of Activities Covered
2.1 Maximum Funding Amount Per Project: Up to HK $50,000 2.2 Scope of Activities Covered:
- Business Registration
- Product/ Service Development
- Prototyping, including justifiable equipment/ materials
- Marketing, promotional materials
- Cloud rental for trials
- Further development of existing projects
- Organization of entrepreneurial activities
- Participation in student activities/ tours organized by EC
- Participation in external entrepreneurial activities/ competitions recognized by EC
3.1 Individual or team basis 3.2 The main applicant must be a current HKUST full-time student. 3.3 Applicants may apply for multiple funds/ awards at the same time, yet successful applicants (a.k.a. fund/ award recipients) are allowed to hold at most one fund/ award in any funding cycle (i.e. period from application, project implementation to fund/ award disbursement). 3.4 Applicants applying for the purpose of participating in overseas entrepreneurial activities including competitions, conferences, exhibitions, etc. are required to submit the funding application and supporting documents (e.g. invitation, schedule) before the event; retrospective applications will not be processed.
4. Startup Support for Fund Recipients
All fund recipients are entitled to the following startup support:
- Accelerator Space and Facilities: access to hot desk in co-working space, meeting rooms, mail box, storage locker, etc. at The BASE
- Mentoring by entrepreneurs and experts in MentorHUB@HKUST
- Advising by staff from Entrepreneurship Center
- Referrals and/or nominations to internal and external opportunities (e.g. competitions, activities, funding sources, etc.
5. Application, Terms and Conditions, Selection and Disbursement Details
5.1 Online Application 5.2 Before application, please read the Application Notes for all the terms and conditions, selection criteria, vetting procedures and disbursement conditions. 5.3 Checklist of supporting documents to be uploaded to online application:
- Budget Estimation (please download the template here)
- Proof of External Achievements/ Funds/ Awards Received, if applicable
- Other Supporting Documents, if any
6. Ongoing and Past Projects Funded by EAF
The Secretariat of HKUST Dream Builder Funds HKUST Entrepreneurship Center Tel: (852) 2358 7901 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Data (Privacy) Collection Statement:
The personal data provided by you will be used by staff in HKUST Entrepreneurship Center (EC) for purposes related to the processing of administrative, research and statistical purposes.
The personal data (including name, address, email and contact number) provided by you will be used by HKUST EC staff for delivering information including any events and functions to be held, and other affairs and activities related to EC. This personal data will not be transferred to other external parties for purposes as stated above, except commissioned research consultants and agencies for marketing activities as stated above.
Under the provision of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have rights to request access to, and to request the correction of, your personal data. For such requests, please submit written requests to email@example.com.