Virtual Ideation Challenge 2020
The Sydney-Hong Kong Ideation Program turns to an online challenge this year! You still got the chance to meet new friends from Australia and build your solution together in the Virtual Ideation Challenge 2020.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted societies around the world. We have also seen many solutions have been born from this crisis. Organized by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Center and Macquarie University Incubator, the program is designed to provide you with tools and a new way of thinking to develop solutions that can help solve the challenges that still face us, and the new ones that we don’t yet know about, as the world comes out of lockdown. You may also discover solutions to solve pain points for future global pandemics.
During the 5-day program, you will be forming teams with students from Macquarie University, join our online workshops which provides you with useful knowledge, work on your solution with your teammates, and might have the opportunity to get the fast track to our funding scheme.
- Meeting new friends from Macquarie University and share different entrepreneurial culture.
- Gain knowledge through our workshops:
- Mapping Technology
- Problem Identification, Problem / Solution Fit Canvas
- Value Proposition Canvas, Customer Discovery
- Customer Persona and Empathy Mapping
- Pitching Techniques
- Winning teams would enjoy fast-track and priority consideration of the HKUST Entrepreneurship Acceleration Fund (Terms applied, please refer to the link for details.).
Program Schedule (Tentative): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eC0RPcyMhu9lQLFcejvRfJaX7bcDR0CD/view?usp=sharing
Program Period: 8 July, & 13 - 17 July, 2020
Eligibility: All are welcome. Priority will be given to those with experience in starting their startups or joining the events organized by our center.
Quota: 10 to 15
Online Registration: https://ust.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b1LaSvlXx44qegt
Registration Deadline: 26 June 2020 (Fri)
Program Fee: FREE OF CHARGE. Successful registrants need to submit a refundable deposit of HK$500 to HKUST Entrepreneurship Center. It will be FULLY REFUNDED upon completion of the program.
- Please note that the program schedule is for your reference only. Organizers reserve the right to make adjustments to the schedule according to circumstances.
- Upon successful registration, you will receive a confirmation email. You are required to submit your refundable deposit by the stated deadline. Your seat will be assigned to the next person on the waiting list if we do not receive such deposit by deadline.
- To complete the program, you are required to attend all sections in the program.